Virtual Machine Encryption and Hardware Security Module
Cloud Data Protection at Its Best
The industry’s first comprehensive cloud data protection solution, SafeNet ProtectV enables organizations to securely migrate to the cloud, encrypt entire virtual machine instances and attached storage, control access to data in the cloud, and address industry security standards and regulations.
Some of the many reasons enterprises choose SafeNet Protectv for their virtual machine encryption solution include:
- Support for popular environments
- SafeNet ProtectV provides virtual machine encryption for a variety of popular public environments, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM SoftLayer Cloud, or VMware.
- Make the most of the cloud
- Improve business agility while reducing costs with SafeNet ProtectV’s unified encryption and access control capabilities.
- Control encrypted data and encryption keys
- Not only can you track the circumstances surrounding data access, but you can also revoke key access if you suspect a breach has or is about to occur.
- Isolate and control virtual machine instances
- SafeNet ProtectV StartGuard pre-boot authentication ensures that no virtual machine can be launched without proper authorization.
- Achieve and maintain compliance
- Address PCI DSS, HITECH/HIPAA, the EU’s GDPR, and other regulations by establishing clear accountability with audit trails and detailed compliance reporting.
Virtual Machine Encryption can also integrate with Keysecure and Hardware Security modules to provide a comprehensive security solution
What is a Hardware Security Module?
A hardware security module (HSM) is a dedicated crypto processor that is specifically designed for the protection of the crypto key lifecycle. Hardware security modules act as trust anchors that protect the cryptographic infrastructure of some of the most security-conscious organizations in the world by securely managing, processing, and storing cryptographic keys inside a hardened, tamper-resistant device.
Why Use Hardware Security Modules?
Enterprises buy hardware security modules to protect transactions, identities, and applications because HSMs excel at securing cryptographic keys and provisioning encryption, decryption, authentication, and digital signing services for a wide range of applications
With SafeNet Hardware Security Modules, You Can:
- Offload and accelerate cryptographic operations to a dedicated cryptographic processor that eliminates bottlenecks and maximizes application performance
- Centralize lifecycle management of cryptographic keys – from generation, distribution, rotation, storage, termination, and archival – in a purpose-built, highly secure appliance
- Improve profitability and achieve compliance with solutions for paper-to-digital initiatives, PCI DSS, digital signatures, DNSSEC, hardware key storage, transactional acceleration, certificate signing, code or document signing, bulk key generation, data encryption, and more.